Seattle Headache Secrets
There can be many causes of headaches. They can be caused by fatigue, eye strain, muscle tightness, caffeine withdrawal, and dehydration. Modern life offers many conveniences, but sadly it also commonly creates headaches. Sitting in front of a computer, sleeping awkwardly, and working overhead can all cause headaches. Fortunately, chiropractic care can be very effective in treating most headaches.
Cervicogenic headaches are very common
“Cervicogenic” means that your headaches are coming from your neck (cervix is the latin word for neck). Below is a list of 7 signs that your headache are coming from your neck.
We Help Headache Sufferers
If you struggle with headaches and live in the Seattle area, you can schedule an appointment by calling 206-523-3855.
7 Signs Your Headaches are Coming from Your Neck:
- Your headaches get worse with stress
- You have bad posture (head forward, rounded shoulders, curved mid-back, etc.).
- You have muscle tension at the base of your skull.
- Your headaches get worse the longer you sit at your computer.
- You have pain at the lower part of your neck and/or between your shoulder blades.
- Your neck feels tight and/or you wish it would “pop”.
- Your headaches feel a little better if you stretch your neck.
If you suffer with headaches and have one more more of the above signs, your headaches are most likely coming from or being made worse by a problem with your neck. The good news is that cervicogenic headaches can be corrected and we can help.
We would love the opportunity to help you get the relief you deserve. When you come in for your first appointment, you will have a consultation and examination with Dr. Folweiler that is specifically designed to uncover the cause of your headaches. If we can help, we will recommend the most conservative and effective care for your unique situation.
Contact us today to schedule your first visit. You will be glad you did.